The End Goal of Sports

The just concluded 29th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games ended on a high note for Malaysia as we saw our best performance yet. We emerged as the Games’ champion earning 145 Gold and a total of 323 medals. But like in any other games, shiny medals are just a part of the narrative. To understand what … Continue reading The End Goal of Sports

Bernama: Science, Technology And Innovation Literacy Between OIC Countries – Madius

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 11 (Bernama) -- Malaysia has called upon the Organisation of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC) countries to move society from awareness to being literate on science, technology and innovation (STI) and ultimately to become a scientifically engaged society. Addressing at the First OIC Summit on Science and Technology in Astana, Kazakhstan, the Minister … Continue reading Bernama: Science, Technology And Innovation Literacy Between OIC Countries – Madius

The Star: Motivating students

  WHENEVER any student in Tuaran, Sabah scores straight As, Datuk Seri Madius Tangau expects a phone call. The Member of Parliament for Tuaran and Science, Technology and Innovation Minister has an excellence programme in place which encourages parents to talk to their children about how they are doing in school. He urges secondary school … Continue reading The Star: Motivating students

The Star: A boost for entrepreneurs in Sabah

  THE Science, Technology and Innovation Ministry will be providing assistance to small- and medium-sized entreprises (SMEs) to take part in the Sirim-Fraunhofer programme which provides companies with technological audit services. Under this programme, companies are required to fund 20% of the total cost of the technology uptake while Sirim will bear the remaining 80%. … Continue reading The Star: A boost for entrepreneurs in Sabah

Press Release: SCINTEX

KOTA KINABALU:  The Government through the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (Mosti) is emphasising on humanising innovation, as Malaysia moves toward the high-income developed-nation status in less than three years from now. Minister Datuk Seri Wilfred Madius Tangau said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak had announced earlier that the efforts will be … Continue reading Press Release: SCINTEX

A shot in the arm for the SMEs in Sabah

At a recent dialogue with Perdana Fellows – they are youths from a fellowship programme that allows them to intern with Cabinet ministers – one question I received from my audience was, what would be the biggest challenge for Malaysian businesses to adopt automation, or in general, to brace for the Fourth Industrial Revolution. The … Continue reading A shot in the arm for the SMEs in Sabah

Climate change crisis is real

By 2100, coastal cities like Kota Kinabalu might be an underwater ghost town. This might sound like an ending of a disaster movie where metropolitan cities are consumed by a giant tidal wave, and the skyscrapers submerged but for their spires, turning into perch for seagulls. Except that this is not fiction. In a special … Continue reading Climate change crisis is real

Teach Our Kids How to Fish

  It has been about a year since I attended the closing and awards ceremony of Sabah Invention and Design Exhibition (SINDEX), where the finalists wowed us with their high standards of entries. It was a proud moment for the educators, parents, policymakers and of course, Sabahans to learn of the hidden potential of our … Continue reading Teach Our Kids How to Fish

Berita Harian: STI penting dalam mencapai TN50 – PM

PERDANA Menteri, Datuk Seri Najib Razak ketika mempengerusikan Mesyuarat Majlis Sains Negara (NSC) Bilangan 3, Tahun 2017 di Bangunan Perdana Putra, Putrajaya. - Foto Mohd Fadli Hamzah PUTRAJAYA: Datuk Seri Najib Razak menekankan adalah mustahak untuk negara menggunakan acuan sendiri dalam menerima pakai perkembangan sains, teknologi dan inovasi (STI) bagi mencapai matlamat Transformasi Nasional 2050 … Continue reading Berita Harian: STI penting dalam mencapai TN50 – PM

Bernama: Kajian Strategik Masa Hadapan Penting Ke Arah TN50 – Najib

PUTRAJAYA, 10 Ogos (Bernama) -- Keupayaan untuk melihat terkehadapan melalui kajian strategik masa hadapan semakin penting menuju ke arah matlamat Transformasi Nasional 2050 (TN50), kata Perdana Menteri Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak. Beliau berkata negara membangun seperti United Kingdom, Finland dan Singapura telah mengguna pakai metodologi 'horizon scanning' dan 'strategic foresight' bagi memastikan pelan jangka … Continue reading Bernama: Kajian Strategik Masa Hadapan Penting Ke Arah TN50 – Najib